Monday, January 26, 2015

Intercambios

Family,

I'm not sure whats going on with my memory card but I cant get any fotos to send. Im going to send it with a member in our ward that can hopefully help. 

This week was a long one. Not too much happened but I did get to have an intercambio with one of the District leaders in the zone. He is from Texas too and I went to his area to work. I learned a lot about the way to study. He studies way better than I do and I feel like he learns a lot more than I do. I learned that every morning I need to recieve personal revelation. I learned about the importance of the spirit and only through the spirit can one recieve the confirmation of spiritual things. 

We taught some great lessons, we tried teaching as Christ taught and we finished the day inviting others to come to Christ. He taught me a lot in the short time we had together and I am greatful for the intercambios we have in the mission. 

This week we also had service. I put (with the help of 3 others) about 1000 lbs or more of sand in bags. then we stacked all the bags in storage. I was smart and didnt hurt my back but I sweat a lot and I think I lost a couple pounds doing it. 

Funny story.

This past thursday was a holiday here. I'm not sure why but sometimes Bolivians have holidays for no reason. We went to a home and a man was drunk sitting on his porch. His dog was on his chair next to him. He was very very concerned and started to yell at his dog. Then he calmed down and  began to ask his dog why it was on the chair. 

I love Bolivia. I love when drunk guys talk to their dogs. Its makes me laugh. The Church is true. I know it by the power of the Holy Ghost. I have felt it and I can not deny it. 

Hurrah for Israel!

Love,
Elder Gehring

No comments:

Post a Comment