Monday, December 21, 2015

Come, Let us Adore Him

Dear family,
These past weeks have been wonderful. I have learned and I feel I have grown. I simply want to share my love of the Savior and the happiness I receive from the glorious event in a humble stable over 2000 years ago.
For the Christmas conference we had with President Willard and his wife, we prepared ourselves by looking for something that reminded us of Christ. He called it the 12- Ways of Christ- Más. (12 ways to have Christ MORE in our lives) Each of us chose one of the 12 ways to remember Him and the decorated an ornament with what we had learned. I chose part of the Hymn Jesus Lover of My Soul and a title used in the book of Hebrews. ''Capitan of My Soul''. I learned more though as I searched the scriptures for what I wanted to decorate my ornament with. I hope you all can do the same- look for a new way to remember Christ this Christmas.

What a wonderful time of year to remember Him. President Willard, Sister WIllard, and their 2 daughters sang Away in A Manger in the end of the Conference. These words touched my heart. 

I love thee, Lord Jesus; look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle till morning is nigh.
After the conference, President invited us to do one thing. Worship Christ in a new way this year. We talked about what it means to worship, how we worship Him, and how the Wise Men worshiped Him. We read as a mission in Mateo 2: 9 - 12.

9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
Read these verses and look for a new meaning of worship. Think of how you personally worship Him and how you can better worship Him.
I just want to share my goal for worshiping Him this Christmas. I found something that has touched me and made me realize that everyting points to Christ. In Mosiah 15:5. ''And thus the flesh becoming subject to the Spirit, or the Son to the Father, being one God...'' I realized a new and more perfect way of following Him. As I yield my flesh to the Spirit, I am following the example of Christ yielding to His Father. Christ showed us everything and everything shows evidence of Him. His perfectness in doing the Father's will is what we should do with the Spirit. Christ's yielding to the Father is like our yielding to the Spirit. I feel I have falied more than once in this. I hear the Spirit but many times I lack faith to follow it. I have set the goal to follow Christ's example more by following the Spirit. I want to worship Him as did the Wise Men by following the Star (Spiritual promptings) in my life to make my way to the manger where He is laid. 

This Christmas I hope to be humble enough, as were the Wise Men and Shepherds, to go, adore, and worship ''...her firstborn son...wrapped... in swaddling clothes... (lying) in a manger...''
Merry Christmas with love,
Elder Gehring
Here's the Family who is going to be baptized. Leoncio and Aida Cabrera


These are the missionaries in the stake after a Christmas Missionary Activity
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment