Friday, February 28, 2014

Another week... oh wait its only been 4 days!

Hola!!
Its been only 4 days but it has been an eventful 4 days. First off, on Saturday (I think it was. Most days run together here) our teacher took us outside to study at the table which is pretty normal. Then she gave us some pamphlets and told us to go give them to people. We were confused since I've been here 2 weeks and never stepped foot outside the gates. But nevertheless, she opened the gates and set us free. I felt as though I was a caterpillar  bursting out into a brand new world as a butterfly. We had 30 minutos to hand out 3 pamphlets and 1 Liahona. We almost did it. Nobody wanted a magazine with a random man on the front. But it was such a great learning experience. I got a complement on my Spanish which was awesome! A little old lady asked me where I was from and why I was here and then she talked really fast for like 5 minutes. I caught most of it but some was not even close to understandable. I heard something to like `your spanish is really good for a gringo` but maybe my mind was just making it up since I felt so lost listening to her! I did give her a booklet on the Restoration of the Church and it was awesome to feel the spirit so strong and hear such soft promptings on such a loud street corner. 

A few changes since Friday. We now have GYM in the afternoons which is a little weird for us. It takes me forever to get up and wake up with out being able to run around but I'll get used to it! Also everyone left today. It was harder than I thought. Everyone becomes such close friends here. Even if we can't communicate very well with the Latins, it was still hard to say goodbye. One Elder came in last night from Korea who is my new companion. I don't remember how to spell his last name... Oh wait! Its Peden. He just told me! oh and just to clear things up, hes actually from Tenessee! haha I'll learn it soon I'm sure haha The rest of the Norte americanos come in tonight. There are 2 more Elders and I think 8 or 9 Hermanas coming in which will make for a huge district but it will be fun to get to know all of them. I am amazed at how many missionaries there are out in the world! I can't wait to be one of them in the field. 


I can't send pictures anymore because I forgot one important thing. A USB adapter for my camera memory card. I hope I'll be able to get one at somepoint somewhere.... Sorry mom! I'll still take lots and then just send them when I get the chance. 


Sunday was again amazing. There was so much that was amazing but I'll tell one of my favorite parts. President Dyer gave us a lesson on the Plan of Salvation. It was so neat to hear from such a powerful man of our purpose here, our pre earth life with our Heavenly Father and our next life back with Him. We also learned so much about prayer. This weekend I think I learned more and gained a stronger testimony about prayer than I ever had in my life. D&C 8 1-3 and D&C 14-23 are powerful scriptures and I encourage everyone to read them. Also. Pray always and when you pray kneel. There is power in prayer than comes when you are at your most humble state. On your knees. At times out here I dont feel like praying. I am tired, I am angry, sad, homesick, frustrated. These are the times when I know I need to pray the most. I promise you that if you pray when you most do not want to pray, these are the times that you will feel the love of your Savior the most. God will hear and will answer every one of your prayers. We need to trust that it will be on His time not ours.


I love you all. I pray for you always. It is a glorious time to be here in the Mission Field. Hurrah for Israel!!

 
Love,

Èlder Gehring

No comments:

Post a Comment