Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy Carnaval

Dear family,
Sorry for not writing the last week... I forgot to advise you all about the holiday of Carnaval here in Santa Cruz. Carnaval is a period of 3 days where all kids, youth, parents, grandmas, dogs, cats, uncles, and the 2nd cousins of the family get together for half a day and then go crazy with paint, water, music, and lots of drinking for 2 and a half days. We stay inside for all 3 days. It was the same as last year... I'm not sure if you remember. It all went well. We made it out alive and didn't get too bored in the house. We had a lot of time to study and clean and cook new foods. 
 
These two weeks have flown by and I can't believe we are in the middle of Feburary and that 3 days ago was the 2 year mark from when I got to the MTC. Here are a few things that have happened this week.
 
1. It rained. And I got very very very very wet. We invited a family to be baptized while we were dripping and they said yes. They have a baptismal date.
2. Un hombre, medio ebrio, nos acercó y me llamó ''Mister Esmit'' (MIster Smith). No paramos para hablarle pero fue la primera vez que alguien me llama por ese nombre.
3. Empezamos a enseñar a una familia de ciegos. No sé cómo van a poder leer y progresar pero son muy humildes y tienen deseos de cambiar. Tuvimos que aprender una nueva manera de enseñar.
4. A large lizzard called jaúci in native guaraní somehow got into the chapel. It was a baby still but the same lizzard grows to be about 2 meters when it is an adult.

Other than some other crazy things, I'm happy which is good. During Carnaval, we watched the World Wide MIssionary Trasmission from the end of January. I think it was ELder Oaks was the one who was talking but he said that as missionaries we should pray to be able to do the Lords work and pray to understand it's importance. Its something that deeply changed my prayers, my work efforts, and my respect and love for Christ. I have tried to do it every day since carnaval and I have come to understand on a deeper level the need for repentance, baptism, and the gift of the Holy Ghost. We are so so so close to the 2nd coming. Its here and we are the only ones who have the truth. It is a matter of choosing life or death on a very significant spiritual level. I don't even know how to explain the feelings of responsability I have. Its something that I don't want to stop, and its my motivation to keep going. This work never stops and never will stop until it has filled the whole earth. I have been so blessed to be a part of this work. Its of such great value to me. In Moses chapter 6 around verse 48 until the end of the chapter, the doctrine of Christ which is eternal is taught with clarity and power. I came to understand the true importance of this work, and I love it!! Its the most meaningful work I will ever do in my whole life. Nothing I do can or will be more important than this.

I love you all and pray for you always.

Hurrah for Israel!
Love,
Elder Gehring
 

















 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment