Monday, December 15, 2014

Sickness in Bolivia

Hello there my family.

I have found that the easiest way to tell about the week is with stories. There are a few from this week that made me laugh, cry, and feel the spirit.

 
1. There is a place in Santa Cruz called SEGIP. It is the place where all extranjeros (I'm not sure what that is in english) go to apply for their carnet de extranjero. I had to go this week at 06:00 and waited in a long line for about 4 hours just to have my picture taken and leave. The funny part was that while waiting in line a group of teachers showed up. They are elementary school teachers that teach at an english school here in the center. They teach english/american ciriculum in english to english speakers while their parnets also speak english. Basically they only speak english all day and don't learn spanish. It was super funny to listen to them talk in english. Also they reminded me a lot of you mom. I firmly belive all elementary school teachers are required to have the same type of personality. It made me laugh.

2. I got sick. I woke up at like 4 in the morning shaking from cold like I've never shaken before. I was so cold but sweating like crazy. I took tylenol and then went to sleep with sweats and a sweatshirt. The next morning I woke up with one of the worst migraines ever and the most painful body. Nevertheless I worked all day. I went home early and felt very strange. I don't remember much. I drank some hot mate and then went to sleep. I felt great the next morning. Not sure what it was but not to worry. Im 100 now! It made me cry.

3. Music makes people happy. We found a less active member whose brother just got home from his mission and whos dad is in the bishopric. We went to his home and just got to know him well. We asked him a lot of questions, gained a little trust and he opened up a ton. He told us he is studying to teach music to children in colegio and that he loves the primary. I asked him what he likes about the church and what he used to like most when hes went in the past and he said the hymns. He is studying to play the piano and is learning. We challenged him to read the hymn book under the theme 'Prayer'. He is going to find his favorite hymn, read the scriptures that go along with it, share the scriptures with his family and for our next lesson, or sometime in the future, I am going to help him learn to play it so he can participate in Sacrament Meeting. I felt the Spirit.

I love you all. I love Bolivia. I love the Lord.

Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Gehring

No comments:

Post a Comment