Monday, December 1, 2014

Cambios

Dear Family,

Well the huge news. I'm leaving the offices. Tuesday President called me to talk about a few things in the coming weeks and then told me the news. He thanked me for my service in the offices but then said he received revelation that I had to leave. My replacement is Elder Bender. He is a great missionary. I am trying to teach him everything but it is hard. We'll see. I still don't know where I am going. I will find out later today when we do flights and transporte for the cambios. 

The rest of the week was good. Really all of it was preping my new replacement for his job and then getting everything else ready here in the offices. 

I don't have a ton of time to write today because we have a ton to do but here are a few things from this week. 

1. We got to meet the area doctor. He came to take an elder home who was sick from Peru and he passed by our offices. We had a breakfast meeting with him and then took him on the tour of the Foianini which is the main clinic that we use here. He is from Arizona and studied in BYU and University of Utah. It was cool to meet him.

2. Thanksgiving. We bought burritos and ate them in our house. Turkey is really really expensive here so we didn't buy that. But it was still a good time. 

 
3. We taught english classes. In our chapel every thursday at 19:00 we teach english class! Its the hardest thing I've ever done but it helps when your companion speaks english too.

I'm sad to leave the ward I am in and I'm sad to leave the offices but I know the Lord has something else in store for me. I love you all lots.

Hurrah for Israel!

Elder Gehring
 
2 mi barrio (los elderes, hermanas, y Líder Misional del barrio)

Mi barrio (los elderes)

3 Día de acción de gracias
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment