This week we had a great Zone Conference. The topic was bread so I'm sure Ethan would have loved it. But it wasn't just any type of bread. We talked about the bread of life, the bread that we receive daily through the Atonement, and the type of Mana that comes to us as we develop and strengthen our lives with that of Christ's. We talked about how we need to share the bread we receive daily and just like in the story in Ex about the people of Israel. I hope this helps you understand what I mean.
1. The Mana or bread is what we experience day to day with the Atonement of Christ. (we have to go out and collect it daily)
2. And if we try to use our bread (or experience with the Atonement) from yesterday its already gone bad (with worms and bad odors) just as the Mana did if they tried to collect enough mana for 2 days.
3. We need first collect enough for us and then we need to help our families (or those around us) collect their own mana (Or have their own experiences with the Atonement)
In our area we tried a little bit of what we talked about during the Conference. We went to a lot of our CR and told them we were going to come by but not to teach, but to be taught. by them. (Have them share their bread or mana with us) They were excited! They all studied hard and I think read the scriptures more diligently than they ever have. We came to the appointment and listened to them. They each individually bore powerful testimonies. We testified of what they said and closed with a prayer. Ambos salimos edificados. I learned this week there are so many better ways to teach than to just do it with a lesson plan like always. They taught themselves, we testified of their words, and the spirit testified to them and to us of the truthfulness of it all.
Read John 6 and Exodus 16. It will all make more sense after reading it.
This week I have been studying about how every miracle that Christ did has something to do with the Atonement. Every miracle, every teaching, every everything points to the Atonement. I started with his first Miracle in Cana. He turned the water into wine.
1. We in our lives are like the guests and the wedding and the wine we could say is the way to get back to the Father.
2. In the wedding they lacked wine for everyone.
3. Christ then provided wine sufficient for everyone there.
He provides through his atonement, his own blood, his own wine, his own mercy and grace so that everyone who chooses to drink of it will be filled or will make it back to the Father.
I then also studied when Christ cleaned the temple. John gives the account in chapter 2.
I learned that he cleansed the temple to show the coming days of his atonement when he would be resurrected and overcome the powers of death. There are so many more that I have yet to study. I know he lives and is in all things.
Hurrah for Israel.