Monday, August 3, 2015

Crazy Cambios

Hey,

I don't have much time today. Things are crazy here in the offices again. This past week the offices that were once in Torres Cainco are now changing. The old chapel where the barrio CaƱoto used to meet now is the Church Offices headquarters where the mission office now also is. We have been helping organize everything. We have had a few meetings with President to go over the transfers this week that is coming and he has put me in charge of a few things in the offices this last week before the new missionaries get here. I'm excited to get some more stuff organized here in the office. A lot of what we are doing is to help the new President that will be here in one year. We are preparing everything so that in one year, everything can be handed over in such a simple way that the new President can adjust without problems. The hardest thing to do is make things simple. We'll see how it goes this week. 

My camera memory card is messed up for good now. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I hope I don't lose the 2000 fotos I've taken up to this point in my mission. I've saved it and am going to buy a new card today. 

Just a quick thing Ive learned this week. Its has everything to do with my purpose as a missionary: Baptize. Baptism is an ordnance. Ordinances are physical acts to represent spiritual promises. And I learned so much from the word ordnance. Order. God organizes His people through ordinances. As we progress spiritually by making higher covenants through sacred ordinances, we receive a higher order in the eyes of God. If we want a life spiritually in order, we have to perform ordinances. Which of course, can only be performed by the Priesthood which has been restored. Everything is related to the Restoration and to Jesus Christ. Christ was baptized not because he was imperfect but because he needed to be part of Gods order, He had to be obedient. 

My purpose is baptize. My purpose is invite everyone to make covenants through ordinances. I have the priesthood to help others organize their lives the way God wants them to. 

Hurrah for Israel!

Love,
Elder Gehring 

No comments:

Post a Comment